Select Page

Suspended Fox News host Eric Bolling suing reporter over story on alleged lewd texts

Eric Bolling on Fox News’ “The Five” on February 26, 2014. Noam Galai / Getty Images

NEW YORK — Suspended Fox News host Eric Bolling on Wednesday sued the reporter who broke the story that he had allegedly sent lewd text messages to colleagues.

Bolling filed a $50 million defamation lawsuit in state Supreme Court in Manhattan against Yashar Ali Hedayat, a HuffPost contributing writer. The cable news host said Ali damaged his reputation through what the court papers call the “highly reckless publication of actionable false and misleading statements about the plaintiff’s conduct and character.”

Bolling was suspended over the weekend pending an internal investigation that a Fox spokesperson said is underway.

Hedayat wrote last week that Bolling…

Share This